Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So, that's what an off game looks like...

Patriots 34, Bengals 13.

Tom Brady had his lowest completion percentage of the season at a gaudy 78.1.

Randy Moss had his lowest yardage total at 102.

The offense put up only 34 points.

For other teams these offensive numbers would increase the respective averages associated with each. On the Patriots its bringing the overall numbers down.

And, oddly, in spite of the 21-point loss, the Bengals defense did appear to slow down the Patriots a little. Of course the only time Cincy really stopped them they had 12 men on the field.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, and the Patriots have yet to face their toughest opposition, but could 16-0 really be within reach? Not something I would normally put out there, but with this team you have to wonder.

1 comment:

sugarshane024 said...

Ironically, I found myself picking out all the things the Pats were doing wrong on Sunday. Perhaps it was because I was expecting an 80% completion percentage for Brady and 150 yards out of Moss and 38 points from the offense. They obviously didn't have it on Sunday. Things could have been worse for the Bengals. Palmer could have been sacked 12 times.

(By the way, my long absence is over. I've actually put a post up on my blog for the first time in a month. I promise to be more participatory.)