Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Weigh In and other Quick Hits...

Well, was at 187 this morning, down 6 pounds from the start of the contest. With my wife's 5.5 pounds that brings us to 11.5 - 4.4 more than the in-laws...booyah.

This week, look for my year in review as well as a look at preseason picks and a look forward to the playoffs.

Quick hits on the weekend -

Nick Saban is likely on his way to Alabama. I don't think you entertain a job offer two years into a five year contract unless you plan on leaving...not to mention the last time Saban said he wasn't going anywhere he was in Louisiana and months later he was in Miami.

I think, in addition to Arizona and Atlanta, Pittsburgh will have a new coach next year. Other teams that may soon be looking include the Giants, contingent upon the headway they make in the post season, and Miami (see above). I think Romeo Crennel gets one more season to make things work in Cleveland and, due to the long standing relationship, Art Shell gets another season in Oakland.

I hope, for the sake of Darrent Williams family, that the drive by shooting that killed him this weekend turns out to be nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I figued that Tony Romo would come back to earth, but what the hell is going on with the Dallas defense?

No comments: