Saturday, November 05, 2005

Theo and my denial...

Another one of my co-workers, Keith Martin, is an avid Sox/Pats fan and he called me on my denial on the Theo Epstein...issue. I will admit to serious denial - I believe that if I don't hear about Sox ownership reverting to Yawkey/Gormanism, then it isn't really happening. With his permission, here are Keith's observations...

Kevin:
You are either in dire denial of Theo's departure or you just can't see clearly through the tears to type up a blog entry. Given the events of the last few days, I've put on my "Letterman-esque" hat and thought of 10 other jobs Mr. Epstein can take now that he is free. What you may find amusing my wife finds troubling.
10. Candygram deliveryman: That gorilla costume could just turn into a few bucks when Theo shows up at your next party with balloons and a song for your special day.
9. Defensive coordinator for the Patriots: Gets along great with players and knows his defense. Remember this is the guy that got John Olerud to help out Millar and Ortiz at first base.
8. Assistant GM of the Yankees: Like Clemens and Boggs (and now Tony Pena), he could be the next one to jump to the Dark Side.
7. Pearl Jam cover band guitarist: Loves his Eddie Vedder just as much as his baseball. 6. Red Sox analyst: Could join Rem Dog and Orsillo in the booth for some great insight next season such as: "Kevin Youkilis, batting .286 and who slept on my floor most of last season."
5. Vendor at Fenway: C'mon, if this guy can sell Adam Stern as a prospect to hold onto, he can sell peanuts. 4. President of the "Bitter GM's Club": Imagine it if you will, Theo, Dan Duquette and Lou Gorman sharing a booth at the Cask N' Flagon every game night bitchin' about the Sox like everyone else.
3. Tom Brady's stunt double: With Tom's Hollywood career calling, someone's got to take the lumps in "The Waterboy 2." 2. Dean of the Theo Epstein Institute of Baseball Management: How many fantasy geeks and teenage GM-wannabes would enroll for classes with Theo? Tons just to hear from the boy who would be king.
1.GM of the Red Sox: Denial is my middle name. It's not over until Larry Lucchino sings.
Keep the faith,
Keith

No comments: